The world’s increasing globalization requires more interaction among people from diverse backgrounds. People no longer live and work in an insular environment; they are now part of a worldwide economy competing within a global framework. For this reason, profit and non-profit organizations need to become more diversified to remain competitive. Maximizing and capitalizing on workplace diversity is an important issue for management.
Supervisors and managers need to recognize the ways in which the workplace is changing and evolving. Managing diversity is a significant organizational challenge, so managerial skills must adapt to accommodate a multicultural work environment
There are challenges to managing a diverse work population. Managing diversity is more than simply acknowledging differences in people. It involves recognizing the value of differences, combating discrimination, and promoting inclusiveness. Managers may also be challenged with losses in personnel and work productivity due to the following reasons:
How Sodales is contributing?
Sodales Solutions, an innovative organization has helped HR department across organizations with their innovative Diversity Management app, which is an extension of SAP SuccessFactors.
Sodales developed this app using SAP Fiori UX for the user experience. This was done to give ease of usage for the users. To help the organization address the above challenges, Sodales developed the solution that provides
1. Yearly scorecard across various HR parameters like policies, recruitment, performance management, pay scale, childcare and other special needs
2. Helping line managers to schedule training that helps them to overcome the resistance and disorganization
3. Counsel the diverse employees and provide awareness through anti-discrimination training, conflict/harassment training, etc.
4. Auto-calculate score cards based on the assessment results
5. Calibrate the diversity goals as per the need
The Launchpad of the application as illustrated below, shows that the application is for two set of personas
1. Line Managers: who get notifications about upcoming training and they are also able to conduct assessment of the employees. For the assessment part, the solution has defined configurable parameters like Age, Disability, Ethnicity, etc. as seen in the illustration below
2. Executives: who can receive periodic updates about diversity management, their training plans and also see their own analysis of the training they have undergone
To summarize it, the diversity management app helps the organization to smoothen the administrative process that helps them to address the challenges the organizations face in this diverse structure, across sectors, countries, domains.
Sodales Solutions Inc is an award winning SAP HANA Cloud Platform Solution Extension Partner. We have developed more than 100 SAP HANA Cloud Platform based packaged apps. We were the first SAP partner to co-develop an S/4 HANA extension app at SAP co-innovation lab.
Write to us email@example.com or call us at +1.647.824.4286 and we will enroll you to our envision workshops on SAP HANA Cloud Platform.