We’re facing unprecedented times. COVID-19 has fundamentally changed how we live. Organizational safety is no longer just the responsibility of the H&S leadership. Safety is now the responsibility of every employee, leader, partner and customer of an organization. Safety is the way of doing business.
Health & Safety is a joint responsibility of employees and employers. One critical outcome of COVID-19 has been the fact that employees, as well as employers, want to ensure that all safe work practices are being ensured. This culminating focus on health, safety and wellbeing is bringing a new emphasis on shared ideas, innovations, and responsibilities. Employers are going above and beyond to ensure that the workplace is safe, all employees are properly trained and aware of their work surroundings as well as employer’s expectations. At the same time, employees have taken ownership of reporting any unsafe events and hazards.
As many of our customers are considered “essential businesses”, we want to assure that Sodales is well-placed to continue to provide your workforce with enhanced safety tools for adhering to continuously evolving precautionary health procedures recommended by the relevant government agencies. We also understand the localized site-based safety requirements of every business that are changing hour by hour. We know COVID-19 has made things difficult for many of our customers and we’re doing our part to help make things a little easier.
We have launched a specialized “Preventative Safety Impact Inspection” functionality within Sodales EHSEM software, specially designed for essential businesses for enabling safety in their workplace. This functionality is completely free of charge. We have launched this functionality by working with our customer’s Health and Safety leaders who are still working in their offices such as grocery stores, gas stations, construction sites, logistics, transportation and manufacturing etc.
The Preventative Safety Impact Inspection tool is specifically designed for essential businesses for assessing real-time job-safety impacts by utilizing the Sodales EHSEM Audit module for safety and risk assessment procedures.
Preventative Safety Impact Inspection checklist is a newly launched job safety audit tool for essential businesses that cover all safety aspects to satisfy the needs of employers and employees working in their facilities (such as grocery stores, construction sites, logistics, transportation and manufacturing etc.)
For the Employers, it provides the ability for supervisors to:
- Conduct and store start of shift safety talks with all employees
- Setup pre-job safety checklists based on location, job, department etc.
- Inspecting to ensure all employees have necessary PPEs
- Capture all pre-job safety inspections in an easy to fill the checklist
- Noting employee health statuses before the start of daily work
- Record any workplace hazards and inform all the employees
- Capture corrective actions to rectify and close the risks and hazards
- Records capture any health & safety-related questions and concerns of employees
- Capture the attendees by taking their consents
- Generate action item listings with workflow
The solution also provides hazard and risk management capabilities to:
- Identify any hazards and risks at work e.g. another employee not wearing PPE or coughing
- Stay anonymous while reporting hazards
- Select hazards from a pre-existing list of various hazards or type in a new type of hazard
- Provide a ranking for the hazards identified from critical to a minimum.
- Analytical Reports and Program Management
Using the Safety Impact Inspection, the H&S, HR, and management can run 360-degree analytical reports to do comparative analysis on all job sites and understand the gaps between safety checklist results, action items as well as critical hazards reported by employees. The 360-degree view reports enable the organization to close all gaps urgently in their work to ensure the safety of all employees. Workplace safety can easily put a program together to ensure that all sites are putting special attention on the safety of employees.
To learn more, please contact us to schedule a demonstration at email@example.com
Or contact us at the SAP App Center
Leadership coach John C. Maxwell stated that “Healthy organizations are not about the one person who leads them, they are about everyone who’s in them.”
On behalf of Sodales, thank you for your trust, support and understanding during this time.
Please, be safe and stay well.